Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Contact Housing Services

Contact Housing Services

Housing provides a wide range of services.

For information on the services we can provide and for additional contact details, please click on the link below for the service you want:

Finding & Applying for a Home

  • How to apply for a council house
  • Enquiries about your current application
  • Sub-letting your house
  • Taking in lodgers
  • Mutual house exchange with another tenant or
  • If you want to take over a tenancy (this is called succession and only applies in certain, limited circumstances).

Paying Your Rent

If you are worried that the benefit changes will reduce the money you have coming in, it's a good idea to start thinking ahead.

For example, you could get a benefits check on your current entitlement and see whether there is any transitional protection available. You could also get some advice about budgeting as the Universal Credit is either paid fortnightly or monthly.

The Tenancy Management Team are here to help with any questions you have about rent. For information on:

  • Ways to pay your rent
  • Discuss problems with paying
  • If you think you have paid too much rent
  • Make an agreement to repay outstanding rent arrears
  • Housing benefit overpayments
  • Rechargeable repairs (work on your home which you need to pay for)
  • If you are a former tenant with rent arrears
  • Eviction
  • Tenancy Management Team
  • Tel: 01259 225100

Moving Home

Information on mutual exchanges, successions or sub-letting your house is available from the Tenancy Management Team. For information on:

  • How to end your tenancy
  • How much notice you need to give
  • Where to hand in your keys
  • Tenancy Management Team
  • Tel: 01259 225100


If you are homeless or likely to become homeless then the team can assess your needs and may be able to assist you. For information on:

  • Finding temporary accommodation
  • How we can assist homeless or potentially homeless people in finding permanent accommodation
During office hours, contact:
  • Housing Option Team
  • Tel: 01259 225115
Between the hours of 5.00 pm and 9.00 am, contact:

Tel: 01259 450000

Anti-Social Behaviour

Staff from the Tenancy Management Team are able to offer straight-forward advice on a range of issues. We are also able to direct callers to the appropriate Council service for action such as environmental health or to other agencies such as the police, if necessary.

  • Tenancy Management Team
  • 01259 225100

Garages and Lock-ups

For information on:

  • Applying for a garage or lock-up
  • How to pay rent on a garage or lock-up
  • Tenancy Management Team
  • Tel: 01259 225100

Tenant Participation

Our Tenant Participation Co-ordinator can assist you with:

  • Starting up a local tenant group
  • Supporting an existing group
  • Becoming a registered tenants organisation (RTO)
  • Providing speakers for tenant meetings
  • If you want to get involved in consultations
  • Financial support and grants
  • Tenant Participation Coordinator
  • Tel: 01259 450000 (please hold and ask the customer service advisor for Tenant Participation)

Gas Safety

If you have gas in your home, then the Council needs access every year to carry out an Annual Gas Service to all Council owned gas appliances. This is to ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. Each year, we will contact you by letter to make arrangements for this service. Should the appointment that you are given not be suitable, you have the opportunity to re-arrange the appointment. Both Gas and Electricity are required to carry out the annual service.

For further information on:

  • Why we need access
  • Making arrangements to have the service
  • What powers we have to gain entry should access be denied

Complaints and Comments

Clackmannanshire Council has a corporate policy which deals with formal complaints and comments. If you want:

  • More information about the formal procedures
  • To make a formal complaint or comment
  • To make an information complaint or comment
  • Make a suggestion

Related Publications & Documents

For Further Information Contact

Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000