Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Adaptations to the home

Adaptations to the home

If you experience a disability or illness an adaptation may be appropriate in order to assist you to remain independent at home.

In order to determine how Clackmannanshire Council may be of assistance a community care assessment shall be required.

Adaptations can fall in to two categories - minor and major.

Minor Adaptations

If you are a Clackmannanshire Council tenant and you require what we consider to be a minor adaptation you can self refer.

A minor adaptation in this case could be fitting of grab rails in your shower or additional banister to assist with mobility.

If you live in an owner occupier or housing association property then minor adaptations can be assessed for by a Community Care Worker/Social Care Officer.

Major Adaptations

Sometimes an alteration may be required to your home to support your disability or health needs.

Major adaptations can include works such as fitting of an external ramp and bathroom adaptations.

Major Adaptations are dependent on ownership of the property you are currently living in and eligibility criteria. Such adaptations may require a financial assessment and possible contribution towards the cost.

For more information regarding major adaptations and the assessment process please see the following links:

Private Owner Housing Adaptations
Council Tenancy Adaptations
Housing Association Adaptations
Private Let Adaptations

Further information

If you feel that you require an assessment for an adaptation then you can make contact with the duty team using the details below.

For Further Information Contact

Housing Development & Strategy Manager, Housing
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000 Fax: 01259 452400