Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Universal Credit

Universal Credit

The council is now a Full Service Universal Credit area. We can no longer accept new claims to Housing Benefit, unless you are living in temporary accommodation, or you have reached the qualifying age for state retirement pension.

Universal Credit replaces 6 working age benefits, which will be made in one single payment. These benefits are:

  • Housing benefit
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income Support

You don't need to do anything if you are already claiming any of these benefits - you will be advised when Universal Credit will affect you.

Queries and Further Information

Universal Credit helpline
Telephone: 0800 328 5644
Textphone: 0800 328 1344

Visit the Universal Credit section on GOV.UK

How to claim

You can claim Universal Credit online.

If you are worried that the benefit changes will reduce the money you have coming in then the following services can provide help and advice:

Citizen Advice Bureau has advice on how you might be affected by welfare reforms

For Further Information Contact

Revenue Services
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000