Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Services for Children with Disabilities

Services for Children with Disabilities

Are you caring for a child with a disability?

The Child Care Service can help you access support.

The Child Care Service has a duty to assess the needs of children with disabilities living in Clackmannanshire.

Based on the outcome of any assessment, a range of services may be available.

  • Assistance in the home, including providing specialist equipment your child may need
  • Short breaks away from home for your child
  • Direct Payments for the purchase of services
  • Support to apply to trusts for specific help
  • Support for your child to move from childhood to adulthood

We will work alongside colleagues from Health, Education and Housing Services to ensure that the support you and your child receive is well co-ordinated.

Not all families with a child with a disability will need Social Services support – we can put you in touch with other agencies who might offer what you and your child need.

For Further Information Contact

Child Care
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 225000 / 450000