Blue Bin for Recycling Waste
This bin is emptied every two weeks and should be placed on the kerbside with handles pointing outwards and the lid down for 7.00am.
Yes Please to:
- cereal boxes
- cardboard packaging
- brown corrugated cardboard
- cardboard boxes
- toilet roll tubes
- Aluminium foil including food trays
- Cans and tins
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Food and drinks cardboard cartons
- eg soup, milk, juice etc.
- Empty aerosols
- envelopes (including window envelopes)
- office paper
- yellow pages
No Thanks to:
- Plastic bags, wrappings or cellophane - these can go in your green bin
- Glass bottles and jars - these should be taken to a community recycling point
- Small electrical items should be taken to Forthbank Recycling Centre or a charity shop that will accept these items
- Batteries should be taken to Forthbank or a shop that has a battery collection point
- Clean cothing should be taken to a community recycling point or charity shop
If your bin contains the wrong materials or is presented with the lid up, we will place a tag on your bin and not empty it until you have rectified the issue.
From 1st October 2021 where bins are tagged on a first occasion we will return to empty them within 5 working days, provided the reason for the tagging has been resolved.
If a bin is tagged on any subsequent occasion we will not return to empty it until the next scheduled collection day.
Maximise Your Space
- Please check to make sure that only material that can be recycled is put in your blue bin
- Please wash and squash all bottles
- Flat pack all boxes
- Bulk buy where appropriate on longer life items eg a larger box of cereal will produce less packaging than the equal volume spread over smaller boxes. It should be cheaper too!
- Buy concentrated products in smaller bottles but read the instructions carefully to make sure you use the product properly
- Reuse plastic tubs for pack lunches, home freezing and general home storage
- Look for products that can be refilled or returned
- Stop unwanted mail by using the advice on the Recycling for Scotland web site
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000