Grey bin for paper, card and cardboard
This bin is emptied every 4 weeks and should be placed on the kerbside with handles pointing outwards and the lid down for 7am.
Yes please to:
- Clean and dry paper
- Magazines, catalogues and directories
- Junk mail
- Letters and envelopes
- Office and shredded paper
- Paperback books
- Wrapping paper
- Card and cardboard
- Large and small cardboard boxes
- Brown corrugated packaging
- Toilet and kitchen roll tubes
- Greetings cards
No thanks to:
- Tissues and Napkins
- Padded Envelopes
- Hardback Books
- Kitchen Towels
- Wet Paper
If your bin contains the wrong materials or is presented with the lid up, we will place a tag on your bin. Please remove the offending items and we will empty your bin on your next scheduled collection.
There is more information on the missed bin page.
Maximise your space
- Please check to make sure that only material that can be recycled is put in your grey bin.
- Flat pack all boxes.
- Bulk buy where appropriate on longer life items for example a larger box of cereal will produce less packaging than the equal volume spread over smaller boxes. It should be cheaper too.
- Information on how to stop unwanted mail can be found on the Citizens Advice Scotland website and our Recycling A-Z web page.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000