Facts and Figures
This page presents a selection of quick facts and figures about Clackmannanshire which is the second smallest local authority in Scotland stretching across 159 square km.
- The latest population figures can be found via the NRS demographic factsheet for Clackmannanshire,
- Our population is 51,450 (with 25,194 males and 26,256 females) making Clackmannanshire the smallest council in mainland Scotland,
- The most recent Census estimates a population of 51,442,
- It is anticipated that the projected population of Clackmannanshire will decrease slightly to 49,691 by 2041,
- Our largest settlement is Alloa with a population of 20,730.
- The latest life expectancy figures can be found via the NRS demographic factsheet for Clackmannanshire,
- The population of young people, that is aged 0 to 17 years old is 10,126 (2018),
- Alloa South and East are the most deprived areas,
- 27% of children live in poverty in Clackmannanshire,
- The number of crimes recorded in Clackmannanshire has dropped slightly between 2014/15 and 2017/18,
- Health indicators including obsesity and overweight figures in P1.
Households and dwellings
- The are 24,377 dwellings across the county with the majority in Alloa - the largest settlement of Clackmannanshire.
- The number of households reached 23,563 in 2017.
- Between 2016 and 2026, the household type 'Two or more adults, one or more children' is projected to see the largest percentage decrease (-14.5%) and the household type 'One adult' is projected to see the largest percentage increase (+10.2%). (Source: NRS)
- Between 2016 and 2026, the 45 to 49 age group is projected to see the largest percentage decrease (-25.8%) and the 75 to 79 age group is projected to see the largest percentage increase (+50.3%). In terms of size, however, 55 to 59 is projected to become the largest age group of a Household Reference Person (HRP), compared to 50 to 54 in 2016. (Source: NRS)
- Council Tax charges.
- 21% of households benefitted from Council Tax Reduction 2018/19.
- In the last year, 125 new builds were completed in Clackmannanshire.
Earnings and employment
Information about local earnings and employment is produced by nomis. Please refer to their document below:
Useful statistical publications
- If you are interested in finding out what we are consulting on or want to share your views with us, visit Citizen Space, our consultation system.
For Further Information Contact
Communications and Community
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000