Skip to navigation
Documents & Publications - Guides & manuals
- A Visitors' guide to Council meetings (Oct 18 2006 12:27)
This leaflet is one of a series that explains procedures within Clackmannanshire Council. The information explains what happens at a Council meeting. While it does not describe all the rules that apply to Council meetings, it should give you an insig
- Alloa Town Centre Abnormal Load Routes (Jan 21 2005 9:35)
A map showing routes for Abnormal Loads through Alloa.
- Barriers to Communications (Mar 3 2008 13:58)
Guide to services on how to overcome any communication barriers that may exist
- Best Value Guide 1 - Reporting a Best Value Review (Feb 3 2005 12:07)
This is the first in a series of guides about the best value review process. It concentrates on the output of the evidence gathering stage of the process, the report.
- Best Value Guide 2 - Practical Tools & Techniques (Feb 3 2005 12:07)
This is the second in a series of guides about the best value review process. It concentrates on a selected range of tools which can help in collecting evidence and structuring a review.
- Best Value Guide 3 - Roles for people in a review (Feb 3 2005 12:08)
This is the third in a series of guides about the best value review process. It concentrates on the roles which people play during the first stage of a review.
- Best Value Guide 4 - Guidance Update May 2000 (Feb 3 2005 12:08)
This is the fourth guide in a series of guides about the Best Value review process and describes the specific stages of review used in Clackmannanshire Council.
- Bus Services W1 and C64 Alloa Circular (Feb 17 2009 16:31)
Details of the bus network provision in Clackmannanshire in operation
- Business Continuity Institute Best Practice Guidelines (Mar 8 2006 9:38)
2005 Guide on Business Continuity published by the Business Continuity Institute.
- Clackmannanshire abnormal load routes (Jan 21 2005 9:36)
Possible routes for Abnormal Loads through Clackmannanshire.
- ClacksWeb Style Guide (Feb 8 2008 14:08)
Style Guide for ClacksWeb content
- Comments and Complaints leaflet (Aug 31 2005 11:52)
How to make a complaint about Clackmannanshire Council
- Community Councils Nomination Pack (Oct 15 2012 10:07)
- Council Pool Bikes (Jul 12 2007 13:31)
Council Pool Bikes
- Dealing with the Media (Mar 3 2008 13:55)
Guide providing useful tips on handling media enquiries
- Electoral Commision's Scottish Parliament & Referendum booklet (Mar 21 2011 11:22)
Election information booklet
- Food Poisoning Information Sheets (Feb 10 2005 10:11)
These sheets provide information about potential causes of food poisoning and how to avoid them.
- Forth Valley Good Practice Guidelines - Domestic Abuse (May 4 2012 16:49)
Please use the information within your organisation or service to develop understanding of domestic abuse and to seek to identify and address the needs of women, children and young people experiencing domestic abuse.
- Forth Valley Inter Agency Child Protection Guidance: Child Protection Case Conferences (Jun 2 2011 11:14)
Forth Valley Inter Agency Child Protection Guidance: Child Protection Case Conferences
- Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 Overview (Mar 11 2005 11:38)
A guide to the Freedom of Information Act.
- Job Description Enumerator (Aug 9 2011 16:09)
Job description for count staff - enumerator
- Job description for Poll Clerk (Aug 9 2011 16:11)
Job description for Poll Clerk
- Job Description for Presiding Officer (Aug 9 2011 16:13)
Job Description for Presiding Officer
- Local Business Advice (Feb 3 2006 9:46)
Local business advice on building a secure business
- Parking Design Standards (May 30 2007 16:41)
Documentation outlining Parking design standards
- Private Sector Landlord Best Practice Guide 2006 (Dec 23 2005 12:56)
A guide for private sector landlords in Clackmannanshire.
- Referee cancellation form - football pitches (Jun 25 2010 13:37)
Referee cancellation form
- Responding to an Emergency and Management of Critical Events - A Guide for Schools (Feb 27 2009 11:13)
Responding to an Emergency and Management of Critical Events - a guide for Schools
- SAN 1 - Recreational Open Space (Jan 13 2005 12:24)
This leaflet sets out the Council’s policy and standards for recreational space, as contained in the Local Plan.
- SAN 10 - Opencast Mining (Jan 13 2005 14:44)
This Supplementary Advice Note sets out the Council’s updated policy on opencast coal mining, in addition to the Development Plan (Structure Plan and Local Plan) and National Planning Policy.
- SAN 11 - Farm Steading Conversions (Jan 13 2005 14:46)
This advice note seeks to add to the current planning policies in the Development Plan and amplify national planning guidance on the conversion of farm steadings.
- SAN 2 - Infill Residential Development (Jan 13 2005 12:26)
This leaflet aims to assist people wishing to develop one or more houses on gap sites, garden ground or vacant spaces in existing towns and villages. It is not designed to guide development of houses in the countryside or major new housing areas.
- SAN 3 - Shutters and Grilles (Jan 13 2005 12:28)
This leaflet aims to assist shopkeepers who wish to improve security by installing shutters or grilles, or for those owners who find that their shops have shutters installed contrary to the Council's policy.
- SAN 4 - Residential Homes (Jan 13 2005 12:30)
This leaflet aims to assist those who wish to develop Residential Homes by converting or extending an existing property, or building a new one.
- SAN 5 - Windows and Doors in Traditional Buildings (Jan 13 2005 12:31)
The built environment of Clackmannanshire provides a particularly rich and varied heritage. The Council has a duty to safeguard this heritage, and is able to do so through the powers available under various Acts of Parliament.
- SAN 6 - Day Nurseries (Jan 13 2005 12:33)
This leaflet aims to assist those who wish to develop Day Nurseries either by converting or extending an existing property or by building a new one. planning consent.
- SAN 7 - Shop Fronts (Jan 13 2005 12:34)
This leaflet will explain: The Council’s aims for shop front design and advertising; The permissions required; The guidelines for achieving a good design which suits your premises and the neighbourhood.
- SAN 8 - House Extensions (Jan 13 2005 12:36)
This advice note is to help you apply for Planning Permission. The Council wishes to encourage imaginative, sensitive and innovative design, and while it gives design guidance, this is not intended to be a ‘rule book’.
- SAN 9 - Planning and Flooding (Jan 13 2005 12:38)
This supplementary advice note aims to provide additional guidance to prospective applicants for planning permission about Clackmannanshire Council’s policy towards applications for development on, or close to, land potentially liable to flood.
- Scheme of Assistance (May 12 2010 10:12)
Scheme of Assistance in relation to housing adaptations
- Stirling-Alloa-Kincardine Railway - A Guide to Noise and Vibration (May 7 2008 10:37)
SAK Railway and Linked Improvements - A Guide to Noise and Vibration
- The Essential Guide to Travel Planning (Jan 27 2005 16:33)
Help for any organisations interested in preparing a travel plan.
- Writing Style Guide (Jul 16 2004 17:25)
A document providing Clackmannanshire Council staff with guidance about written language and grammar.