Places to Visit
Places to Visit
From Castles and Towers to historic glens Clackmannanshire is full of places to explore.
- Alloa Tower
- The ancestral home of the Earl of Mar.
- Clackmannan Tower
- Once home to the powerful Bruce family.
- Sauchie Tower
- Once the home of the Schaws of Sauchie.
- Castle Campbell
- Discover the magnificent 'Castle Gloom' for yourself.
- Dollar Museum
- A storehouse of local treasures.
- Gartmorn Dam Country Park
- Fishing, walking, cycling, birdwatching and more.
- Ochil Woodland Park
- A peaceful park in the former ground of Alva House.
- Delph Pond
- Walking, birdwatching, play park etc.
- Clackmannan Tolbooth and Stone of Mannan
- Two of the most significant landmarks in Clackmannanshire's history.
- Menstrie Castle
- Former home of Sir William Alexander.
- Black Devon Wetlands (Alloa)
- A quiet gem of a reserve, an area of untouched wet grassland and wetland habitat which includes freshwater pools, brackish pools and reedbeds. This site is being developed by RSPB Scotland to be better for the people and wildlife of the Inner Forth.
- Japanese Garden at Cowden (near Dollar)
- Enjoy the historic Japanese Garden and newly restored woodland walks, which once connected Ella Christie’s home, Cowden Castle, to Sha Raku En (the place of pleasure and delight). After exploring the garden and walks, enjoy lunch and delicious home baking in our Tea Room.
- Clackmannanshire is home to some beautiful walks, a number of which give you the option to explore the Ochil hills.
- Sterling Mills Outlet Shopping Village
- Tullibody Heritage Centre
Related Publications & Documents