Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

How do I apply for a Benefit Claim or Council Tax Reduction?

How do I apply for a Benefit Claim or Council Tax Reduction?

Applying for a reductionCalculator Icon

All claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction must be made on the correct application form.

Application forms are available from the Speirs Centre or from any CAP office. We can also post a form out to you.

You must answer all the questions contained on the form and you must sign the form. Forms not signed or fully completed will be returned to you for completion and signing. This could delay your benefit and/or reduction.

We cannot fill the form in for you, but we can assist you with its completion. Please contact us using the number below to make an appointment.

Application forms

Council Tax Multiplier

Households in Bands E, F, G and H whose net income is below the Scottish median for their household type (£16,750 for single person households and £25,000 for others) may be entitled to claim an exemption from the increase to the banding system through the Council Tax Reduction Scheme. Entitlement is dependent on a number of factors, including any capital or savings held and the composition of the household.

First time applicants

Please complete the form below if this is the first time you are applying for Housing and/or Council Tax Reduction:

Current applicants

Please complete the form below if you have already applied for Housing and/or Council Tax Reduction and you have a change in your circumstances:

Evidence needed to support your claim

For information on what evidence you need to support your claim, please see our page entitled 'What evidence is required to make a benefit and/or reduction claim'?

For Further Information Contact

Revenue Services
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000