Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

What evidence is required to make a benefit and/or reduction claim?

What evidence is required to make a benefit and/or reduction claim?

Before a claim can be processed you must provide details in respect of yourself and your partner.

Original Documents

At all times, original documents must be forwarded to the Council's Benefit Team in support of your claim. Once verified they will be returned to you. Do not send important documents such as bank books or passports by post, in case they are lost. Instead return the form through your Local Council Office.


Two items of identity are required for both you and your partner, eg

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Passport
  • Driving Licence

Your Income

Proof of all income. If you are in receipt of any state benefits, provide your notification letter.

  • Weekly: 5 pay slips
  • Monthly: 2 pay slips
  • Fortnightly: 3 pay slips
Savings / Bank Accounts
  • Original bank statements covering a period of the last two months;
  • Savings book;
  • Savings certificates;
  • Share statements.

Rent and Tenancy

If you are a private tenant you must provide your tenancy agreement.

Non Dependants

A non-dependant is a person over 18 years of age who lives with the claimant other than a partner, dependant, joint tenant or sub-tenant.

Where there are non-dependant adults present in a household, the regulations assume that they should be making a contribution to the household expenses and therefore a deduction is made from the claimant's weekly benefit to take account of this contribution.

The amount of deduction depends on the age and income of the non-dependant.

Original documents showing income and savings must be provided.

For Further Information Contact

Revenue Services
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000