Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Health and Safety at Work

Health and Safety at Work

Environmental Health deal with Occupational Health and Safety including inspections of premises, investigation of accidents and complaints.

They also participate in health and safety campaigns and provide information and other resources on the subject.

The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 applies to all work activities and places duties on employers, employees, and the self-employed to ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others who may be affected by their activities, such as members of the public.

Investigation of accidents, injuries and dangerous occurrences is also undertaken. Each year a number of complaints are received in relation to workplace health and safety standards and these are also investigated.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) carry out similar work in factories, petrochemical processes, agricultural activities and the domestic environment. You can contact the local office on the number below:

  • Tel: 0131 247 2121

Environmental Health also undertake visits focussed on awareness-raising of a particular occupational health and safety issue. In the past, these have included slips and trips, falls from height and asbestos.

Gas safety and advice

For information on gas safety, please refer to our Gas safety and advice web page.

How do I report accidents?

The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 1995 require employers to report deaths or major injuries/incidents to their enforcing authority.

RIDDOR Incident Contact Centre

You can contact the RIDDOR incident contact centre on

For Further Information Contact

Environmental Health
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000