Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Antisocial Behaviour

Antisocial Behaviour

The Tenancy Management Team within Clackmannanshire Council is responsible for investigating and mananging antisocial behaviour within Council tenancies.

Everyone has a different idea of what antisocial behaviour is. Differences in age, beliefs, health considerations and background may mean that something you consider to be antisocial behaviour may not be viewed as such by someone else.

The Antisocial Behaviour (Scotland) Act 2004 has defined antisocial behaviour as:

'Acting in a manner, or pursuing a course of conduct, that causes or is likely to cause alarm or distress to at least one person not of the same household'

We work in partnership with Police Scotland Ochil View and Paragon Housing Associations to address issues of antisocial behaviour.

Staff from the Tenancy Management Team are able to offer straight-forward advice on a range of issues. We are also able to direct callers to the appropriate Council service for action such as environmental health or to other agencies such as the police, if necessary.

We deal with a range of ASB related issues, including:

  • Drugs and alcohol related antisocial behaviour
  • Noise nuisance (loud music, noisy parties, noisy pets)
  • Litter and rubbish on housing land
  • Vandalism and Graffiti

Suspected abandoned vehicles on housing land, any incidents of violence, suspected drug dealing, hate crime, nuisance driving or harassment should be reported to Police Scotland who we work in partnership with.

There are also a range of scenarios which, although they can be frustrating, are not classed as antisocial behaviour. Unfortunately we are unable to assist with these matters, which can include:

  • Children or young people gathering socially or playing in the street
  • Parking issues
  • Personal disputes between neighbours
  • Every day living/household noise

To effectively tackle antisocial behaviour callers need to provide us with as much information as possible:

  • Who is involved
  • Where is it happening
  • What exactly is going on
  • How often

People who are experiencing antisocial behaviour should try and report incidents as they happen, reports should also be made to Police Scotland at the time of incident as a partnership approach should be taken.

It is Council policy not to disclose the identity of the complainer.

For Further Information Contact

Tenancy Management Team
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 225100