Looking for help into work or training?
Clackmannanshire Works is a service designed to help local people who are looking to get into work or progress in employment as well as assist local businesses to develop and support local people with jobs and training.
Since it started in 2008, Clackmannanshire Works has provided person centred support for thousands of local people between the ages of 16 and 67 who are seeking work or training. They include young people leaving school who are looking for work experience or apprenticeships, unemployed adults of working age who need support to overcome a range of barriers to employment and parents who need to increase their income either through supporting them into work or increasing their wages or hours.
Our funders include Scottish Government, UK Government and Skills Development Scotland.
Who can we work with?
We can support individuals who are:
- aged between 16 and 67 and residents of Clackmannanshire, and
- currently unemployed or under employed including parents on low income (either out of work or in work).
We can work with businesses of any size that are looking to recruit candidates for employment, volunteering, work experience or apprenticeships.
How can we support you?
The support provided is tailored to meet your individual needs and includes:
- Access to a dedicated Employability Key Worker who will work with you on a one to one basis
- Help with building confidence and self-esteem
- Access to specialist money advice and basic IT skills
- Access to work experience placements and volunteering opportunities
- Help with job applications and interview techniques
- Job matching with suitable vacancies
- Support to get the skills training and certification required to take up a job offer or gain promotion
- Advice on your career options and creating links with local employers
- Access to Modern Apprenticeships
- Help with finding and funding childcare to enable access to training or employment
- Help with travel costs to attend training and job interviews
- Help with clothes for interview or starting a job
- Support with settling into a new job
Watch our YouTube videos
The following services are provided to businesses free of charge:
- Help with sourcing potential candidates for employment, volunteering, work experience and apprenticeships through pre- screening of candidates and arranging interviews for selected applicants on your behalf
- Help with sourcing and arranging training
- Access to any grants available for recruitment and/or upskilling of staff including our Fair Work Incentive
- Brokering links with schools, colleges and other employability support organisations
- Access to redundancy advice and counselling for staff under threat of redundancy through Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE)
- Access to training through the Supplier Development Programme to help your business with tendering for public sector contracts
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 226699/450000