Clackmannanshire Works continues to provide support to local residents who need help with finding work throughout the Coronavirus pandemic.
If you have financial worries, please refer to our Worried about Money
Clackmannanshire Works is a service designed to help local people who are looking to get into work or progress in employment as well as assist local businesses to develop and support local people with jobs and training. The service is supported by the European Social Fund.
Since it started in 2008, Clackmannanshire Works has provided support for thousands of local people between the ages of 16 and 67 who are seeking work or training. They include young people leaving school who are looking for work experience or apprenticeships as well as unemployed adults of working age who need support to overcome a range of barriers to employment.
We deliver a range of employability programmes including Modern Apprenticeships, Employability Fund, European Social Fund programme, Employability Pipeline, Fair Start Scotland and other employability services including Parental Employment Support and Kickstart.
As well as the European Social Fund, our funders include Scottish Government and Skills Development Scotland.
Who can we work with?
We can support individuals who are:
- aged between 16 and 67
- residents of Clackmannanshire and either
- currently not engaged in employment, training or education, or
- parents on low income
We can work with businesses of any size that are looking to recruit candidates for employment, work experience or apprenticeships.
How can we support you?
The support provided is tailored to meet your individual needs and may include:
- Access to a dedicated Key Worker who will work with you on a one to one basis
- Help with building confidence and self-esteem
- Access to money advice and basic IT skills
- Access to work experience placements and volunteering opportunities
- Help with job applications and interview techniques
- Job matching with suitable vacancies
- Support to get the skills training and certification required to take up a job offer or gain promotion
- Advice on your career options and creating links with local employers
- Access to Modern Apprenticeships
- Help with finding and funding childcare to enable access to training or employment
- Help with travel costs to attend training and job interviews
- Help with clothes for interview or starting a job
- Support with settling into a new job
The following services are provided to businesses free of charge:
- Help with sourcing potential candidates for employment, work experience and apprenticeships through pre- screening of candidates and arranging interviews for selected applicants on your behalf
- Help with sourcing and arranging training
- Access to any grants available for recruitment and/or upskilling of staff
- Brokering links with schools, colleges and other employability support organisations
- Access to redundancy advice and counselling for staff under threat of redundancy through Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE)
- Access to tender training through the Supplier Development Programme
- Access to the Kickstart scheme
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 226699/450000