Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Community Care Charging Policy

Community Care Charging Policy

Contributing to your care

We provide a range of care services to help people stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible.

Many of these services are free such as:

  • Reablement
  • Crisis Care
  • Rehabilitation at home
  • Personal Care for people aged over 65

For other services, there is a charge.

Charging Policy

Please refer to our Register of Charges.

It may mean we will ask you to contribute to the cost of your care, depending on your personal circumstances.

We take into account:

  • the services you receive from us,
  • your level of income,
  • the level of your savings,
  • the amount you have to pay out in essential housing costs such as rent, mortgage, council tax and insurance.

We will only ask people to pay what they can afford based on a financial assessment.

A Council officer may visit you to gather this information so we can make sure charges are fair and accurate. The officer can also give advice and help you claim for any benefits you may be entitled to.

Chargeable services provided include:

  • Personal Care (hygiene, health, etc)
  • Non Personal Care (housework, shopping, etc)
  • Housing Support (warden services)
  • Prepared meals
  • Telecare/MECS (Mobile Emergency Care Service)
  • Day support
  • Respite

People over 65 years

You will not have to contribute to services that meet your personal care needs (hygiene, health, etc) as these are free to you. However, you may be asked to contribute to services that meet your non personal care needs for example housework, shopping, Telecare, day care and respite.

Personal allowance

The personal allowance is dependent on your age. Please contact us using the details below for information about personal allowance rates.

What documents do I need to provide?

You will be asked to provide details about:

  • National insurance number
  • Income (benefits, occupational pension, other income)
  • Capital, savings and investments
  • Council tax, rent/mortgage
  • Buildings insurance
  • Life assurance

Please Note: If you do not give the council all your details, you may be asked to contribute to the full cost of your service.

About the Council officer's visit

  • The officer will help you find out if you are entitled to any other benefits, such as income support, pension credit, disability benefits, and give you advice on fuel.
  • If you are entitled to other benefits and want assistance with claiming them, the officer will arrange another appointment to come back and fill in the forms with you.
  • We will let you know how much you need to contribute for services received.
  • If you think we have made a mistake with your details or if you think the contribution amount is more than you can afford, please let us know and we will check.

Further information

For further information, please contact us using the details below. You can also refer to the document below:

Related Publications & Documents

For Further Information Contact

Adult Care
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452498 / 450000