Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Participation Requests

Participation Requests

Participation Requests help a community group to begin dialogue with Clackmannanshire Council about improving local issues and local services.

We welcome Participation Requests from local community groups who believe they could help the Council to better meet the needs of service users, to offer volunteers to support a Service or even propose to take over the delivery of the Service themselves.

Can my group make a participation request?

To make a Participation Request under the terms of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015, a community group has to be a community controlled body. Your constitution / Articles of Association should include:

  • a definition of the community to which it relates
  • a provision that the majority of members of the group are members of that community
  • a provision that the group is open and controlled by members of that community
  • the aims and purposes of the group, including the promotion of a benefit for that community
  • a provision that the funds and assets of the group are to be used for the benefit of that community

However, you do not have to have a constitution or Articles of Association as long as you can show that you are a community-controlled body with similar features to a community controlled body described above.

How do we make the Participation Request?

You can start the process by completing the on-line enquiry form, or by phoning us and saying you would like to make a Participation Request.

Before you contact us, you should already have thought through the sort of change you think your group can help with, who you think will benefit and what difference your group can make to the process of change you are looking for.

Who do we speak to for help with Participation Requests?

Clackmannanshire Council is happy to discuss your Participation Request informally before you make a formal request, or if you would like help to formulate your request. Please contact us using the details below.

If your Participation Request relates to a request for the improvement of the quality of service you have received from Clackmannanshire Council, please consider using the complaints process instead. 

You may also wish to refer to the Scottish Community Development Centre (SCDC) Paticipation Request resource pack via their website.

Related Publications & Documents

For Further Information Contact

Strategy & Performance
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000