Clackmannanshire Council Elections
The previous Scottish Local Council Elections were held on 3 May 2012. There are currently no Scottish Local Council Elections scheduled at the moment.
There are now 5 Wards in Clackmannanshire:
- Ward 1 - Clackmannanshire West (Cambus, Tullibody & Menstrie)
- Ward 2 - Clackmannanshire North (Alva and Tillicoultry)
- Ward 3 - Clackmannanshire Central (The Whins and Gaberston areas of Alloa, Sauchie, Fishcross and Devon Village)
- Ward 4 - Clackmannanshire South (Alloa)
- Ward 5 - Clackmannanshire East (Clackmannan, Dollar and Muckhart)
Ward maps are available to view or download through the Local Boundary Commission's website.
Information on Polling districts and polling place maps is also available to view.
The last Local Government were held on Thursday, 3 May 2012.
The method of voting in the Local Government Elections is a form of proportional representation known as Single Transferable Vote (STV). With the introduction of STV, larger multi-member wards have been created which will be served by several Councillors, each Ward electing either 3 or 4 Councillors for a normal term of 4 years (5 years for this current term).
During 2004, there were three by-elections: on 19th August there were two (Ward 1 - Menstrie, and Ward 4- Tillicoultry West) and then on Thursday 2nd December there was a further by-election in Ward 8 (Clackmannan).
Standing for Election:
Although there are some exceptions, anyone who meets the following criteria may stand for election:
- over 18; and
- listed on Clackmannanshire Electoral Roll, or has an established place of business in Clackmannanshire; or has
- lived in the area for the required time.
Results from the Clackmannanshire Council Elections and all other elections can be viewed by visiting the Election Results area of this site.