Information about the patterns of preferences marked on the ballot papers in Local Government elections.
The Improvement Service for Scotland have produced an interactive map detailing Council structure across all 32 Councils. It also provides those elected in each ward and at what stage they were elected.
Under the direction of the Returning Officer, council staff are responsible for managing all elections. This includes organising polling places, receiving nominations, employing the necessary staff and conducting the count.
For information on specific election topics, please follow the links below.
National and Local Elections
- Westminster Parliamentary Elections
- Scottish Parliamentary Elections
- Clackmannanshire Council Elections
- European Parliament Elections and Information
- Community Council Elections and Information