Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Public Transport

Public Transport

Public Transport plays an important part in the Council's future transportation strategies. The Public Transport Unit, jointly operated with Stirling Council, carries out the following tasks:-

  • Undertakes the assessment of need for subsidised public transport and additional support services and the letting of contracts for such services.
  • The monitoring of all public transport services.
  • Administer the National Entitlement Card (bus passes) on behalf of the Transport Scotland for those aged 60 and over, those with disabilities and young people under the age of 22.
  • The provision of appropriate public transport infrastructure including:-
    • bus shelters;
    • bus service information;
    • rail service information.

For all Public Transport Information contact:

Bus Timetables and Enquiries

For information relating to bus timetables and bus operators in Clackmannanshire please see the Bus Timetables & Enquiries page.

A number of Apps providing Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) are available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store, these include Traveline Scotland, McGill's Scotland East and Stagecoach.

Demand Responsive Transport

Clackmannanshire Council in conjunction with Perth and Kinross Council operate a Demand Responsive Transport service in the Muckhart - Kinross area. 

Rail Timetable and Enquiries

Disabled Persons Travel Arrangements

Bus Complaints

If you have a complaint about a bus service, you should generally raise this with the operator in the first instance.  If you do not receive a satisfactory outcome you can raise your concerns with Bus Users Scotland or the Traffic Commissioner, depending on what your complaint relates to.  For more information on how to do this, please visit Transport Scotland's Bus Complaints page. 

For Further Information Contact

Public Transport
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000