Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Noise or smell from food businesses

Noise or smell from food businesses

This can be a very emotive issue for people living close to food premises. If you have a complaint about noise or smell affecting the enjoyment of your home you can contact us for advice on the number listed below or email

It is not always possible to eradicate noise and smell entirely but you should be able to enjoy living in and using your home. If we can establish that the problem is a Statutory Nuisance we can take action to have it abated.   A nuisance is something that is unreasonable and causes substantial interference in the use and enjoyment of a person's property.  It is much more than just an annoyance or being aware of something.  However it may be worth approaching the business concerned yourself in the first instance to explain what the problem is. Typically this will achieve an amicable solution to the problem.

For Further Information Contact

Environmental Health
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000