Communities and Place Capital Fund
Clackmannanshire Council has launched its first Communities and Place Capital Fund, which is a challenge fund for local development projects that will close to applications on 5 October 2023.
Supported by the UK Government’s Shared Prosperity Fund, Clackmannanshire Council is inviting community groups, third sector organisations and businesses to submit applications to the fund if they have a capital project that will deliver one or more of the following funding objectives:
- Place based investments for regeneration and town centre improvements, which could include better accessibility for disabled people.
- Support and improvement of community assets and infrastructure projects, including those that increase communities’ resilience to natural hazards, and support for decarbonisation of facilities, and installation of energy efficiency and renewable measures in community buildings.
- Improvements to the natural environment and green and open space which could include community gardens, watercourses and embankments, along with incorporating natural features into wider public spaces.
- Support for sport, arts, cultural, heritage facilities and institutions.
- Funding for active travel enhancements and other small scale strategic transport projects.
The fund is open to applications for between £5,000 - £30,000 although a larger funding bid could be accepted for an exceptional project.
Projects must be able to complete before the end of March 2024 and grants of up to 100% funding would be accepted.
There is a total funding pot of £70,000 available this year with another £300,000 expected to be available next financial year.
More detailed guidance is available and the first stage in an application is to contact Neil Ramsay at e: firstname.lastname@example.org who can advise on the fund and provide applications to be completed.
Related Publications & Documents