Directions to Alloa by Road
There are two major roads which cross Clackmannanshire and provide easy access to all areas of the county.
The A907 enters the south-east of the county at Clackmannan, passes through Alloa and Tullibody, providing direct access to Stirling to the west.
The A91 enters the north-east of the county at Muckhart, passes along the Hillfoots towns and villages leading to Blairlogie and Causewayhead to the west.
These major roads are shown on the Map of Clackmannanshire.
The locations of Greenfield House, Lime Tree House and a number of other locations in Alloa are shown on the Map of Alloa.
You can use the quick links below for directions to Alloa and our main Council offices.
You can also download a location map and directions to Kilncraigs.
- From Edinburgh and Falkirk, leave the M9 at junction 7 to join the M876.
- At the roundabout before the Firth of Forth, take the second exit and cross the Clackmannanshire Bridge.
- At Kilbagie roundabout, take the 1st exit to the Gartarry roundabout.
- At the Gartarry roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A907.
- Follow the A907 for 3 miles into Alloa, crossing three roundabouts.
- Continue on the A907 past Alloa Athletic's football ground, which is situated on the right hand side to the large roundabout at Asda.
- At large roundabout at Asda, take the 1st exit, continue straight over the mini roundabout onto Auld Brig Road past Tesco onto Greenside Street towards Alloa Tower.
- Turn 1st left after Tesco into Kilncraigs car park. Kilncraigs is a large glass fronted former mill building and is adjacent to Alloa Tower on Greenside Street.
- Take the A907 into Clackmannanshire.
- At the first large Dumyat View roundabout, take the second exit to Dumyat South roundabout.
- At Dumyat South roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A907.
- Follow the road for 2 miles through Cambus and into Alloa.
- At the next roundabout take the 1st exit, and follow the road uphill onto the one-way system.
- Follow the road round to the right onto another roundabout.
- Take 1st exit which takes you past Alloa Town Hall to a large roundabout.
- Still on A907, take 2nd exit at Town Hall roundabout onto King Street keeping to right hand lane. Continue straight over small roundabout with the railway station situated to the left hand side.
- At the next large roundabout at Asda, take the 3rd exit, continue straight over mini roundabout into Auld Brig Road past Tesco onto Greenside Street towards Alloa Tower.
- Turn first left after Tesco in Kilncraigs car park. Kilncraigs is a large glass fronted former mill building and is adjacent to Alloa Tower on Greenside Street.
- Clackmannanshire has a comprehensive bus service offering multiple routes to most settlements. For more information please see the Public Transport page, or visit Traveline Scotland for timetable information.
Related Publications & Documents
For Further Information Contact
Roads, Traffic & Transportation
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452369 / 450000 Fax: 01259 727451