Curriculum - leading to qualifications in the senior phase
With Curriculum for Excellence, secondary schools are organised in the following ways:
- S1 - S3 experience a broad general education and build on the work done in primary schools covering Curriculum for Excellence 3rd and 4th Levels.
- There continues to be a strong focus on interactive teaching, literacy and numeracy, cross-curricular working and learning outside the classroom.
- S4 - S6
- Senior phase when qualifications are taken.
National qualifications are as follows:
- National 4 replaced Standard Grade General and Intermediate 1
- The National 4 course is assessed internally and is ungraded
- National 5 replaced Standard Grade Credit and Intermediate 2
- The National 5 course involves an external assessment that is graded
Revisions have also been made to Higher and Advanced Higher qualifications.
For Further Information Contact
Education & Schools
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000