Greenfield Park is situated in the centre of Alloa, bounded by Tullibody Road and Parkway.
This setting of mature parkland offers sunny glades for the sunbather and leafy woodlands. Enhancing the park are a number of specimen trees, including 3 Cappadocian Maples (Acer cappadocicum), a Bronze Maple (Acer platanoides ‘Schwedleri’) and a Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera).
Within the park sits Greenfield House, a three-storey sandstone building designed by Edinburgh Architects, A G Sydney Mitchell and Watson and built between 1892 and 1894 for David Thomson, the Deputy Lieutenant of Clackmannanshire at the time.
The house was extended in 1914 after a mystery fire and was later sold to Alloa Town Council. Further development to the building received a commendation from the Civic Trust. From 1987 to 2014 Greenfield was the headquarters of Clackmannanshire Council.
The park provides a play area with a range of play equipment to suit all ages including swings, sand play and trampolines. The park can be enjoyed by people of all ages, either for a leisurely stroll or for more active recreation
Grounds Maintenance and Burial Grounds
Kelliebank Depot, Riverbank Ind Est, Alloa, FK10 1NT
Tel: 01259 450000