Situated within the hillfoots town of Alva on the A91 Stirling to St. Andrew’s Road.
Lying to the east is Johnstone Park, donated by James Johnstone in 1856. In 1922 the area adjoining this was donated by the Cochrane family and named Cochrane Park.
The parks provide entertainment for all, with 2 play areas including a creative play area in the former boating pond, which combines sand and water play with some more adventurous items such as a 6m high 4 mast net climber. There is also a multi-use games area and a recently installed outdoor gym.
Set against the magnificent backdrop of the Ochil Hills, the park has many facilities for families including picnic tables, football pitches and pleasant open space.
The parks are popular destinations for day trips and host several public events.
The Alva Games are held annually in July and have been held in the park for over 160 years. These games include all the traditional events of a highland gathering and for the very fit, a challenging and exciting hill race to the top of the Ochils.
Grounds Maintenance and Burial Grounds
Kelliebank Depot, Riverbank Ind Est, Alloa, FK10 1NT
Tel: 01259 450000