Below is a step-by-step guide on how to complete your postal voting pack.
1. Do not open the postal vote envelope unless it is addressed to you. Remember, it is an offence to use a ballot paper addressed to another person.
2. Contained in your pack will be: - A ballot paper - A postal voting statement attached to a ballot paper envelope (A) - A white return envelope (B) - An instruction leaflet.
3. Read the instruction leaflet carefully. Check that the ballot paper number on your postal voting statement matches the number on the back of the ballot paper. Complete your postal voting statement by signing and adding your date of birth in the boxes provided. If you have a signature waiver there will be no signature box. A power of attorney cannot sign a postal vote.
4. Mark your ballot paper following the instructions on the ballot paper. Vote on the ballot paper by numbering the candidates in order of your choice. Put the number 1 in the box next to the name of the candidate who is your first choice, then put 2 in the box next to the name of the candidate who is your second choice, 3 in the box next to your third choice, and so on. You can make as many or as few choices as you wish.
5. Fold and place the ballot paper into envelope A, leaving the postal voting statement attached. Moisten the yellow gummed strip, fold down to secure.
6. Now place envelope A, containing your completed ballot paper and the attached postal vote statement, into the white envelope B.
7. The return address of the Returning Officer must show through the bottom window of the envelope. If you can see your own address you need to turn the contents around or it will be posted back to you. Seal the envelope.
8. Your postal vote is now ready to return to:
Freepost Plus, The Returning Officer, Clackmannanshire Council, Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 9SB.
9. You can simply post your completed postal vote back to us for free. No stamp is required.
10. OR You can hand your postal vote in at Alloa Speirs Centre, Primrose Place, Alloa, FK10 1AD. Or the Election Office, Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB (please phone 01259452266 on arrival).
11. OR You can hand your postal vote in at a Clackmannanshire polling station on polling day. For your vote to count we must receive your completed postal vote back no later than 10pm on polling day.
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000