Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

How will my benefit and/or reduction be paid?

How will my benefit and/or reduction be paid?

You will be sent a benefit or reduction notification letter advising how we have calculated your benefit and/or reduction. You should check this notification carefully.

Council Tax Reduction

We will pay your Council Tax Reduction straight into your Council Tax account.

Housing Benefit

If you are a Council tenant we will pay your Housing Benefit straight into your Rent account.

If you pay rent to a Private Landlord or Housing Association your benefit will be paid via BACS or directly to your landlord.

If you owe more than 8 weeks rent we will normally pay your Housing Benefit straight to your landlord.

For more information, please see our pages on Local Housing Allowance.

When will Housing Benefit / Council Tax Reduction be paid from?

It is usually paid from the Monday after we receive your application form.

For Further Information Contact

Revenue Services
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000