Organisations Blue Badge
Organisations caring for disabled people meeting one or more of the Scheme criteria may be able to get a badge, but this is entirely at the local authorities' discretion and conditions for using such a badge must be strictly observed.
A person meeting the Scheme’s criteria is defined as one who:
- receives the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance;
- receives War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement;
- receives the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) at tariffs 1-8 and has been assessed by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) as being unable or virtually unable to walk;
- uses a motor vehicle supplied for people with disabilities by the Scottish Government or the Department of Social Security;
- has a severe impairment in both arms and regularly drives a motor vehicle and has considerable difficultly in operating all or some types of parking meter;
- has a permanent and substantial disability which means he or she is unable to walk or is virtually unable to walk;
- is registered blind;
- is unable to walk, or is virtually unable to walk because of a temporary but substantial disability which is likely to last for a period of at least 12 months.
Please note: People with a psychological disorder will not normally qualify unless their impairment caused very considerable, and not intermittent, difficulty in walking.
If only a small number of the persons cared for by your organisation come within the prescribed categories, it may be more appropriate for these individuals to apply for a Badge in their own names if they do not already have one. Their Badges can be used on any vehicle in which they are travelling. The Blue Badge should only be used when conveying eligible passengers.
You will be asked to provide evidence that the vehicle(s) on which the badge will be displayed is registered to your organisation. This will be a photocopy of the Registration Document.
Please complete and return the attached application form, together with a photocopy of the vehicle(s) Registration Document to:
Public Transport Unit
Services to Communities
The Blue Badge will continue to be issued for a period of up to 3 years.
In order to view and print many of our forms you may need additional software:
- Files in PDF (Portable Document Format) require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded from the Adobe website;
- Microsoft Word files can be viewed with the full version of Microsoft Word, or with the free Word Viewer which can be downloaded from the Microsoft website.
Files for Organisations Blue Badge
Organisational eligibility - Download 1174.doc (192.5 Kb)
Pages linking to this form