Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Who Pays Council Tax?

Who Pays Council Tax?

The person highest on the list below is normally responsible for paying the bill.

  • Owner occupier.
  • Tenant occupier.
  • Sub-tenant occupier.
  • The occupier.
  • The owner (normally where the property is unoccupied).

Married couples living together and those who live together as if they are husband and wife are jointly and severally liable to pay the Council Tax.

Your Council Tax Bill

The Council sets the Council Tax to help pay for the services it provides. Scottish Water sets the water and sewerage charges. Your bill covers all the charges you are due to pay.

More information can be found on our page 'How much Council Tax will you pay'?

For Further Information Contact

Council Tax Team
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 226237 / 450000