Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Road Occupation Permit

Road Occupation Permit

  • Are you carrying out building works and intend to temporarily deposit building materials on the public road?
  • Are you planning to erect scaffolding or staging on or over any part of the public road?

Under Section 58 of the Roads (Scotland Act) 1984, it is an offence to carry out the above works without the permission of the Roads Authority.

The term 'Road' includes the carriageway, footway or verges of any road and includes public footpaths and cycle tracks.

If you want to know more, or require a Road Occupation Application Form see the Forms section below.

Payment should be made online using Pay It. Information on the current list of fees charged for services, permits, and consents by Roads and Transportation is available on the Roads and Transportation Fee Scale.

Note:- Separate permission must be sought to deposit a skip and if a temporary road closure is required, consultation must take place well in advance of the works starting.

For Further Information Contact

Roads, Traffic & Transportation
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000