Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Dropped Footway Crossings

Dropped Footway Crossings

  • Do you wish to form a new driveway at your home?
  • Do you want to lower the road kerb outside your home for easier access to your driveway?

Please note the Council no longer offer a service to quote and undertake any dropped crossing work. 

If you want to lower the kerb and footway in front of your driveway for easier vehicular access to your drive/garage, you must first get permission from the Roads & Transportation Section.

If you are interested in a Footway Crossing Application Form see the Forms section below. Please note that you will also have to apply for Minor Roadworks Consent (MRC), if the works are to be undertaken by a private contractor (as opposed to the Council's Roads Contracts).

If the proposed access to your property is taken from a classified route, you will also need to obtain planning consent prior to applying for the crossing.

Payment should be made online using Pay It. Information on the current list of fees charged for services, permits, and consents by Roads and Transportation is available on the Roads and Transportation Fee Scale.

For Further Information Contact

Roads, Traffic & Transportation
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000