Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Submitting An Application

Submitting An Application

Search, View, Object or Comment on Planning Applications (Please note that this service is only compatible with the latest versions of IE. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version for the best experience.)

An Application for planning permission can be submitted online via the Scottish Government's ePlanning portal.

Alternatively, forms can be filled in online (and printed out) or printed out and filled in by hand. In addition to the application form for planning permission, there are separate forms for householder development, listed building consent, conservation area consent, advertisement consent, tree works and certificates of lawful use.

Applicants are now actively encouraged to make all applications on-line through the Scottish Government's ePlanning portal. This will assist the Council in providing an efficient and inclusive service, and will help to save paper at the same time.

The new planning regulations introduce new categories of applications. Planning Permission in Principle (PPP) replaces outline planning permission.

For such applications, we only require a location plan to identify the application site and a plan showing where the access to the public road will be, although we may ask for additional information after the application is validated. However, Pre-application Consultation (PAC) is required if it is a major application. The purpose of an application for planning permission in principle is to establish if the principle of the development is acceptable in advance of detailed plans.

Applications for the "approval of matters specified in conditions of a planning permission in principle" replaces reserved matters applications, and is for the submission of details required by a planning permission in principle decision.

Applications for planning permission and further applications which may be required due to conditions imposed on a planning permission remain in place. Applications for advertisement consent, listed building consent, conservation area consent and hazardous substance consent are not affected by the changes in legislation.

The submission of design and access statements is a new requirement for national and major applications, but only at the detailed stage of the process. Design statements alone are required for applications for local developments in sensitive areas such as conservation areas and the curtilage of category A listed buildings, but are not required for applications to change the use of or extend an existing house.

For Further Information Contact

Development Quality
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000