Firpark Conditions of Use
- Any group or organisation hiring the facility shall be responsible for the proper conduct of the hire and shall comply/ensure compliance with all the Conditions of Use, and shall be liable for and indemnify Clackmannanshire Council in respect of
- any damage caused to the premises and/or furnishings, equipment and others contained in the premises arising from the hire and the cost of repairing such damage, and
- any damage to the property of any person or injury caused to any person arising from the course of the hire.
- When attending the Centre, all groups must be accompanied by a responsible adult who shall take all action as may be necessary to ensure compliance with these Conditions.
- All groups must be under the supervision of an instructor, approved by the Ski School Co-ordinator; at all times whilst on the slope and/or whilst using the tow and no more than 24 persons shall attend on any occasion (12 persons if using half the slope).
- All instructors must hold current and valid qualifications and must produce proof of qualification and insurance indemnity prior to the let.
- All adults accompanying groups of children must have passed a Scottish Criminal Records Office check and must produce evidence to support this.
- All groups will ensure that the premises are left in clean, neat and tidy conditions. If, as a consequence of the use by a group additional cleaning is required, this will be carried out by employees of Clackmannanshire Council and the group responsible will meet the costs thereof.
- Any damage to the premises, fittings or equipment therein found prior to the commencement of the use must be reported to the centre staff before the commencement of use.
- All groups are responsible for ensuring compliance with any emergency regulations or other regulations in force at any time. All groups will familiarise themselves with Clackmannanshire Council's fire regulations relating to the premises in order that they will take the appropriate action in the event of a fire alarm occurring during the course of the hire.
- All equipment issued for use at the slope must be returned immediately after use. All items of equipment not returned will be charged to the group responsible.
- All bookings must be paid for prior to the issue of equipment.
- At least 7 days' notice of cancellation is required for group lets or that group will be obliged to pay for the hire in full. Alternately the let may be transferred to another date/time.
- The slope must be vacated at the time stated on the booking form. Any additional use will be charged at the normal hourly rate or part thereof.
- All charges made under the preceding conditions shall be charged personally to the Group Leader/Club Secretary and any bookings may be cancelled by Clackmannanshire Council for so long as such charges remain outstanding.
- Clackmannanshire Council reserves the right, at any time and without reason given, to cancel any hire in respect of any occasion or to terminate the hire. Clackmannanshire Council shall refund any charge paid and not due by reason of such cancellation or termination.
- Only registered/authorised instructors or volunteers may be used.
Recreational Skiing by Members
- Those who use the facility for the purpose of recreational skiing may only attend during the periods allocated for recreational skiing. A maximum of 30 persons per hour will be permitted to use the facility and Clackmannanshire Council does not guarantee access as places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Recreational Tubing by Members
- Long sleeved tops must be worn at all times
- Long trousers must be worn at all times
- Gloves must be worn at all times
- No minimum age, but must be a minimum height of 110 cms
- Helmet will be issued at Firpark and must be worn at all times
- All equipment will be supplied at the Centre but requests to use personal equipment may be granted at the discretion of Clackmannanshire Council. If such a request is granted there will be no reduction in charge.
- All breakages or damage to equipment must be reported to the technician immediately. Clackmannanshire Council reserves the right to charge for repair or replacement.
- All equipment issued is the property of Clackmannanshire Council and must be returned to the Technician immediately after use.
- All items left in the Ski Centre at any time are the responsibility of the owner. Clackmannanshire Council does not accept responsibility for lost/stolen items.
- Skis must only be used on the area covered by the ski matting.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that the ski tow will operate at all times, Clackmannanshire Council does not guarantee that the ski tow will be in operation. If the ski tow is out of use there will be no reduction in charge.
- Any person who fails to satisfy Ski Centre staff that he/she has sufficient proficiency to proceed without supervision, shall not be permitted to use the facility unless under the direct control of an instructor approved by Clackmannanshire Council.
- No-one may use the ski tow unless having been instructed in its use by an approved instructor or member of Ski Centre staff.
- Clackmannanshire Council reserves the right to exclude any person from use of the facility and for such time as Clackmannanshire Council deems appropriate in the circumstances.
Prohibitions and prohibited areas
All persons using the facility shall comply with the following prohibitions:
- No person shall enter or attempt to enter any area of Firpark Ski Centre with the exception of the Ski Room or adjacent toilet area.
- No person shall enter the office or workshop area
- No person shall enter the area behind the counter
- No person may enter the Pump House which contains the ski tow and floodlighting switchgear.
- No person may touch the switches which operate electrical appliances/sprinkler system.
- Climbing on or attempting to climb on any of the pylons (either ski tow or floodlighting) is forbidden.
- Entering the 'fenced off' area at the top of the slope which is marked 'Danger - Do Not Enter' is forbidden.
- Standing at the middle and top stations at the ski tow is forbidden. Having alighted from the tow, each person must move quickly to the main mat area.
Note: The EMERGENCY STOP switch located on the top and bottom pylons may only be operated in an emergency and only the ski technician may restart the ski tow.
IN THE ABSENCE OF NEGLIGENCE BY CLACKMANNANSHIRE COUNCIL, ITS OFFICERS OR ITS AGENTS, CLACKMANNANSHIRE COUNCIL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY SUSTAINED BY ANY PERSON USING OR ENTERING THE PREMISES NOR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY LEFT IN THE PREMISES REGARDLESS OF HOW THE LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY WAS SUSTAINED.
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452350 / 450000