Free School Meals
Free School Meals and Clothing Grant online application form
. A new application needs to be done every year.
All pupils in P1 to P5 receive a free school meal as well as those families on qualifying benefits.
Where a pupil is in P1 to P5 and parents meet the eligibility criteria, the parent should apply for free school meals in order to receive free breakfast club and holiday food payments. Those that are eligible will also receive a clothing grant payment.
To check whether or not you are eligible for a free school meal and clothing and footwear grant, please refer to the criteria listed.
Do you qualify?
If you are in receipt of Child Benefit and one of the following benefits you may be able to claim free school meals for your child:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, with an income of less than £18,725
- Both Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an income of up to £8,717
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with a monthly earned income of not more than £726
Pupils are eligible in their own right to apply for free school meals if they are aged 16-18 and in receipt of one of the benefits noted above.
We cannot pay a grant for children attending nursery. Parents of children at nursery should not apply for a free school meal.