Coping with Snow and Flooding
- Make essential journeys only. If you must travel, make sure that you are fully prepared for all events and conditions. Obtain a weather forecast and if possible determine the road conditions for the journey you are going to take.
- Put a car emergency pack in your car at the beginning of winter.
Precautions if flooding looks likely:
- Put home emergency pack in a safe, accessible place.
- Protect doorways and low level vents with sandbags. Remember to unblock these vents before switching everything back on.
- Move valuables, food and other possessions upstairs where possible.
- Turn off gas and electricity if flooding is definitely about to happen.
You can also refer to our Flooding Advice and Information web page and Ready Scotland's Rain and Flooding page for useful guidance.
- Remain near a window and try to attract attention.
- Co-operate fully with the emergency services.
- DO NOT switch on electricity or gas until these have been inspected.
- DO NOT use food that has been in contact with Flood Water.
For Further Information Contact
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000