Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Child Protection Orders

Child Protection Orders

In some cases urgent action may be required to protect a child from actual or likely significant harm.

At times, a child's parents or carer's may agree to Local Authority Social Work services providing the child with accommodation and looking after them until concerns about the child's safety, or allegations of abuse or neglect can be clarified.

Social Work services might also consider whether others in the child's extended family or social network could look after the child while agencies carry out further inquiries or assessment. There will, however be cases where the risk of significant harm, or the possibility of the parents or carers removing the child without notice, makes it necessary for agencies to take legal action for the child's protection by applying to the Sheriff for a Child Protection Order. The Police also have power to remove a child in an emergency.  

If a Child Protection Order has been granted, you have the right to apply to the Sheriff for the Order to be recalled or varied. If your child is made subject to a Child Protection Order you should seek legal advice. Legal aid may be available.


For Further Information Contact

Child Protection
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 225000 / 450000