Public Transport plays an important part in the Council's future transportation strategies. The Public Transport Unit, jointly operated with Stirling Council, carries out the following tasks:-
- Undertakes the assessment of need for subsidised public transport and additional support services and the letting of contracts for such services.
- The monitoring of all public transport services.
- Administer the National Entitlement Card (bus passes) on behalf of the Transport Scotland for those aged 60 and over, those with disabilities and young people between the ages of 16 and 18.
- The provision of appropriate public transport infrastructure including:-
- bus shelters;
- bus service information;
- rail service information.
For all Public Transport Information contact:
- Traveline Scotland or phone 0871 200 2233
Bus TimeTables and Enquiries
For information relating to bus timetables and bus operators in Clackmannanshire please see the Bus Timetables & Enquiries page.
Rail Timetable and Enquiries
ScotRail introduce 15 extra services linking Stirling with Edinburgh every Sunday in August:
- Leaving Stirling at 1046, 1147, 1246, 1346, 1446, 1547 and 1646
- Returning from Edinburgh at 1104, 1204, 1304, 1404, 1504, 1604, 1704 and 1804
- National Rail Enquiries: 08457 48 49 50
- GNER Enquiries: 0345 225 225
- First Scotrailincluding timetables, fares, journey planner etc