Ludgate House Resource Centre
Ludgate House Resource Centre provides respite and day care services for older people in Clackmannanshire.
The building is situated next to Greenfield Park and lies a few hundred yards from Alloa town centre.
Quality of Care
Ludgate House Resource Centre has been successful in achieving and retaining BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality standards. This is in recognition of the standards of care offered.
Day Care Service
- Available 5 days per week Mon - Fri, from 8.30am until 4.30pm, but is closed on public holidays;
- 50 day care places available each day;
- Service users can join groups to participate in activities;
- Small, specialist service which supports the needs of people who have dementia.
Many people who use the centre comment on the happy and vibrant atmosphere of the groups.
Respite/Short Break Service
- Offers 11 bedrooms with en-suite facilities;
- Communal lounge, kitchen and dining facilities;
- Private alcove areas are a feature of the unit;
- Designated smoking area available for service users.
The Respite area has easy access to enclosed, private gardens which provide outdoor sitting areas with raised flowerbeds.
Both service areas benefit from an alarm call system which links to DECT phones carried by social care staff.
Dietary needs and preferences are discussed and catered for. A Nutritional Support worker is employed to ensure the needs of special diets are fulfilled. Food related social care activities are also offered.
Meals are usually served at set times throughout the day, but this is flexible to meet individual requests or requirements. Light snacks can also be prepared in the fully stocked kitchens in each lounge area.
Prospective Service Users
If you think you would benefit from the services provided within Ludgate House Resource Centre, you will require to be assessed by a member of the Social Services Community Care Assessment Team.
If, however, you would like an informal discussion about the service, you can contact Ludgate House at the address below and we will be happy to advise.