Children and Young People
- Child Population
- The 0-17 aged child population is 11,503 (NRS 2014 mid-year estimates), this is 22% of the total population of Clackmannanshire.
- School Population
- For the year 2015, the total Clackmannanshire primary school population was 4,017 and the secondary school population was 2,540.
- Attendance and Absence in Schools
- In Clackmannanshire the attendance rate for Primary schools was 94.7% and for Secondary school 91.1% in 2014/15.
- The overall attendance rate for Clackmannanshire schools was 93.3% for 2014/15.
- Exclusions from School
- During 2014/15 there were 317 cases of exclusion from Clackmannanshire schools.
- Destination of School Leavers
- In 2013/14, of the 493 school leavers in Clackmannanshire, 87.8% are in positive destinations (higher education, further education, employment, voluntary work or training). This reflects the national figure of 90%.
- Child Protection
- As at 2015, there were 57 children on the Child Protection Register.
- Looked After Children
- For the year 2014/15, there were 202 Looked After Children in Clackmannanshire, 1.9% of the 0-17 yr population.
- Source for headings above: Scottish Government Statistics
- Disability (NOMIS)
- 360 children, aged 0-17, living in Clackmannanshire were in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at November 2015. Source: National Statistics (NOMIS) (c) Crown Copyright
The Performance and Change team compile and return a range of statistical information to the Scottish Government and Audit Scotland. Follow these links for statistical publications based on these returns.
- Scottish Government
- Publications and bulletins with information on Education and Child Care statistical returns
- Audit Scotland
- Statistics obtained from annual performance indicators
For Further Information Contact
Communications and Community
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000