At any one time Clackmannanshire has around 36 children who are looked after by foster carers. These children and young people have often had difficult family experiences involving drug and alcohol misuse, mental health issues, relationship breakdown or violence. They need carers who can offer them a safe secure and nurturing family experience as well as lots of fun.
Other children and young people need carers that can offer respite to their families which allow them to remain at home.
To be a foster carer, you don't need special qualifications. You do need
- one or more spare bedrooms that you can make comfy, cosy and warm,
- plenty of time, patience, understanding, and a sense of humour, and
- perhaps most importantly, a real desire to help make a young life better.
Want to know more and our excellent terms and conditions?
Please refer to our information pack.
Want to take it further?
There are two options:
- Contact us for an informal and confidential discussion with one of our experienced Family Placement Workers at the Fostering team on 01259 225000, or
- complete our Registration of Interest Form and send it back to us. We will then contact you to discuss things further.
Either way, if we are both happy to progress, we will arrange for a Family Placement Social Worker to visit you in your home to further explore your interest and discuss the practicalities of the training and assessment process.
National Care Standards
For more information, you can refer to the National Care Standards Foster Care and Family Placement Services page.
For further information about this page please contact:
Child Care, Fostering & Adoption Team
Lime Tree House, Castle Street, Alloa, FK10 1EX
Tel: 01259 225000 / 450000