Youth Justice within the Clackmannanshire area is a Child Care service delivered in partnership between Barnardo's Scotland and Clackmannanshire and Stirling Councils.
The Youth Justice Support Service seeks to promote a youth justice system that
- works towards keeping young people aged 12-18 years safe, meet their needs and assists them in becoming a positive contributor to their family and community,
- holds young people accountable for their actions,
- where possible, enable young people to contribute to the recovery of victims and the wider community.
The Youth Justice Support Service supports a model which
- acknowledges that young people in trouble are young people with needs who have the potential to lead non-offending lifestyles,
- identifies individual needs, challenges offending behaviour and attitudes and seeks to promote positive life opportunities,
- engages with young people in the community, with the aim to reduce levels of reoffending behaviour, and to minimise the risk that young people and the community may be subject to, therefore, supporting our young people to remain within their own community.
The Youth Justice Support Service
- is first and foremost a Child Care Service located within the wider Children and Families structure,
- seeks to provide comprehensive risk assessments in line with National Practice Guidelines, and in line with Scottish Government Policy,
- seeks to work with young people through interventions that are appropriate to their age/stage of development,
- delivers a frontline service to address the need and deeds of young people involved in a range of offending behaviours and is working towards the implementation of the six strands of the Whole Systems Approach:
- Early and effective ontervention
- Diversion from prosecution
- Court support
- Managing high risk with particular emphasis to those involved in serious offending, or who participate in sexual or violent offending, or sexually harmful behaviour.
- Transition and reintegration from care/custody
- Alternative to secure provision
- work in partnership with other agencies linked to the Youth Justice Agenda to deliver outcomes that works to support a reduction in youth offending and improve outcomes for young people, families and communities.
Young people between 12 and 18 involved in recorded offending or where there are significant concerns in respect to either sexually harmful behaviour or violent behaviour.
The service would welcome referrals from partner agencies in relation to young people who meet the above criteria and who are from the Clackmannanshire and Stirling areas.
Referrals can be made directly to the service by contacting us at our office in Alloa or Barnardos, Stirling.
The service would also welcome informal discussion prior to any formal referral to the service if felt appropriate.
For Further Information Contact
Youth Justice Support Service, Child Care
Patons, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452200 / 450000