Alloa Family Centre
East Castle Street
Tel: 01259 218722
Fax: 01259 216421
Manager: Ann Donnan
We provide a main road minibus service to the areas which are furthest away from the centre.
We are open Monday - Friday from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm with some evening meetings.
Although most of our work is with under-fives and their parents, we also run some services for older children in partnership with secondary schools.
Special events and individual family needs
We pay special attention to children's birthdays, dietary provision and cultural backgrounds.
We aim to give valuable learning experiences to all children.
Parent and toddler group
Our parent and toddler group meets in the large play area four mornings a week:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9.00 am - 12 noon
Your children can enjoy playing with others and you can meet other parents in a relaxed atmosphere.
We run Health Scotland's Ready Steady Toddler programme in our toddler group which follows topics laid down in their publication which is given to parents by their Health Visitor.
Families can support one another through this time by sharing experiences, and staff are there to provide additional support and guidance on a variety of parenting support topics.
We run a range of groups and activities in the centre for parents. Some of these have a creche service. Our Adult Groups at Alloa Family Centre information leaflet is available to view or download from this page.
- Tuesday 3.30 - 4.30 pm
- Open to parents under 21. This programme has input from a Health Visitor/Midwife.
- Under 1s
- Tuesday 3.30 - 4.30 pm
- Open to parents under 21. Offering activities, support and discussions for parent and child.
- Positive Parenting
- Wednesday 1.00 - 3.00 pm
- This group will enable you to learn techniques to help you and your child feel happy, confident and secure.
- Library/Rhyme Time
- Wednesday 10.30 - 11.00 am
- Children's lending library - books, videos, story sacks. Stay and listen to a story. Learn the importance of language and communicating with your child.
- Breast Feeding Support Group
- This is a support group for breast feeding mothers arranged through Alloa Health Centre and is led by a Health Visitor.
- Rolling Group
- This group is led by a Paediatric Physiotherapist for children and their parents/carer.
- Walk the Walk
- Friday morning at 10.30 am
- Staff lead a walk around the area. Parents and their children are invited to come along and join in, modelling the importance of physical activity to your child. Afterwards join us for a healthy snack.
- Other Groups
- Family Mediation Central - Access Centre on Saturday.
- Courses for Academy Students - making them aware of young children's needs and the responsibilities of becoming a parent.
- Ante-natal classes are run every Monday evening from 7.00 - 9.00 pm. Your midwife will arrange sessions for you.
Our staff consists of a Manager, Depute Manager, Early Years and Family Workers, Clerical/Administrators and Domestic Staff (caretaker, kitchen staff, cleaners and minibus staff). In addition, we often have students or trainees working in the Centre.
Our Early Years and Family Workers all hold recognised Child Care qualifications and are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
The centre achieved the Healthy Working Lives Gold Award in 2009 and strives to maintain this standard.
We are also an accredited Health Promoting School with a member of staff assigned to the Clackmannanshire Health Promoting Schools steering group.
If you require further information, please contact us using the details below.