Coping with an Emergency Evacuation
Emergency evacuation of houses will only happen in extreme circumstances.
- If the police ask you to leave your home, don’t argue. They are only concerned for your safety. They will know the dangers and risks better than you.
- They will ask you to go to a Reception/Rest Centre. If you decide to go somewhere else, let the police know, so you can be accounted for.
- Don’t worry if you have special needs, arrangements will be made for you by those responding.
- If there is time, take along medicines, warm clothes, any special foods, personal documents and immediate valuables - food, baskets, leads etc for your pets.
- If you have time, before you leave - make sure fires are out, switch off water and electricity and then lock up.
For Further Information Contact
Emergency Planning Officer, Emergency Planning
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452537 / 450000