Major Emergencies Operational Procedures (MEOPs)
The Major Emergencies Operational Procedures (MEOPs) manual has been developed by Clackmannanshire Council's Emergency Planning Unit, to assist their local authority personnel to respond to major emergencies in their council area or business continuity issues affecting their core service delivery.
The planning and response processes follow the principles of Integrated Emergency Management, which concentrates on the effects rather than the cause of the incident and wherever possible, is undertaken as an extension of normal day to day activities of the responders.
The manual has been developed to provide a suite of flexible generic guidelines, enabling the Council to respond appropriately to any crisis, whether foreseen or unforeseen.
To aid quick reference the content has been divided into the following sections:-
- Response: Actions & priorities for responding personnel
- Personnel: Roles & responsibilities of responders
- Resources: Items to facilitate response
- Continuity: Business continuity response triggers & actions
- Recovery: Strategy & management of recovery phase
Emergency Planning Officer
Tel: 01259 452537 (office hours)
Fax: 01259 215694
Tel: 01259 452000 (out of hours)