Coping with Severe Storms
- Check the TV, local radio and newspapers for the latest information and early warnings.
- If you have access to the internet, the following websites are also useful for information and updates:
- Park your car off the road and away from trees and high walls.
- Make sure your house is in good order.
- Secure outdoor items. Bring in as many items as possible that are lying around outside.
- Close windows, clear window sills and draw the curtains to protect against flying glass.
- Stay away from the windows and stay on the ground floor where possible.
- Check the TV, local radio and newspapers for the latest information.
- If damage has occurred, inform your landlord or insurers.
- If the water, gas or electricity mains are not working inform the appropriate office.
- Without risking personal safety, rope off or protect any damaged areas to prevent injuries.
For Further Information Contact
Emergency Planning Officer, Emergency Planning
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 452537 / 450000