This page may not be accurate, latest service updates can be found on our dedicated COVID-19 section.
An inspection of ABC Nursery has received grades of 'Excellent' from inspectors who found that children were respected and well-cared for, and were secure and happy in the care of staff.
The inspector from the Care Inspectorate visited the nursery and talked to parents, carers and children as well as working closely with the head of centre and staff. The inspector evaluated the nursery as 'Excellent' in all aspects that were inspected - Quality of Care & Support and Quality of Management & Leadership.
A number of strengths were found in the nursery's work, including:
• Children had excellent advantages to learn naturally through play where ample literacy, numeracy and general skills development opportunities were woven throughout everyday experiences, play and interactions
• The team confidently encouraged children to test out and realise their own capabilities through their enabling attitude which supported them to realise their potential
• Improvement was evident in how staff supported children to have fun as they developed understanding, investigation and problem-solving skills
• Children's confidence, self-esteem, social and physical skills were encouraged through a balance of organised and freely chosen purposeful play
• The team had taken extensive positive action to ensure the transition to school, a major strength in this area was the transition arrangements for a child with additional support needs which started almost two years ago and included many of the child's friends
Cllr Graham Lindsay, Spokesperson for Education said: “This inspection report gives an insight into the great work that is going on every day at ABC Nursery to give our youngest children the very best start in life. The quality of learning and nurturing support has rightly been highlighted by the inspectors, and I congratulate the whole school community on this report and the impact they are making in helping the children who attend ABC Nursery reach their full potential.”