It is the Environmental Health Team’s responsibility to help ensure that people in Clackmannanshire are provided with a safe and healthy environment in which to live, work or visit. The Environmental Health profession acknowledges that, principally, the well-being of people is dependant upon their social and physical environment as well as food and lifestyle. In other words, the health of people relies on the food they eat, their work places and the homes and communities they live in. Clackmannanshire Council’s Environmental Health service constantly works to improve the quality of life for the people of Clackmannanshire through the various functions they carry out. These include:
- Monitoring air quality,
- Taking action on contaminated land,
- Investigating nuisance from noise and smell
Food Safety and Standards:
- Taking responsibility for ensuring food safety and standards are maintained in around 575 businesses,
- Monitoring private and public water quality,
- Infectious disease control (for example, legionnaires disease, typhoid, dysentery and Ecoli).
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Taking responsibility for ensuring Health and Safety standards are maintained in around 750 businesses.
- Regulation of houses in multiple occupation to ensure they are safe and healthy places to live;
- Animal Welfare services;
- Providing pest control services;
- Health promotion;
- Monitoring recreational water quality;
- Anti-smoking legislation, monitoring no-smoking premises, enforcing the law.
Following the links on the right will provide more detail about our work, show what we can do to help if you have a problem, give general help and advice about topical subjects and point you in the direction of further information if you need it. If the information you require cannot be found here please contact us and we will be pleased to try and help you further.