Clackmannanshire Works services aim to promote a healthy labour market in Clackmannanshire.
We aim to support business to grow and develop and individuals to build the skills and attributes that they might need to get a job or start their own business.
Our Modern Apprenticeship and Employability Fund programmes are accepting referrals.
Entry to our ESF Programme is by referral only. Currently our local JobCentre is the only agency which can make referrals.
What kind of support we offer
How we can support you will depend on your circumstances but may include;
- A dedicated adviser who will work with you on a one-to-one basis
- Help to build confidence and self esteem
- Support to get training to take up a job offer, including help with travel and childcare
- Work experience placements or volunteering opportunities
- Modern Apprenticeships in areas such as Business & Administration, Childcare, Hairdressing and Construction
- Help with finding and funding childcare so that you can attend training or take up a job offer
- Information and support with becoming self-employed
- Partnership Action for Continuing Employment (PACE) redundancy advice and counselling if you are under threat of redundancy and unemployment
- If you're in work, help with gaining qualifications to help you progress in your job
Clackmannanshire Works provide the following services FREE OF CHARGE:
- Business start-up advice including developing business plans, finance, marketing, HR and many other issues.
- Supporting you to access Planning, Licensing and other Council services.
- Linking you in to other business support organisations.
- Finding financial help for recruitment and other business growth costs.
- Advertising jobs, work placements and apprenticeships.
- Sourcing potential candidates for employment, work experience and apprenticeships through pre-screening of candidates and arranging interviews for selected applicants on your behalf.
- Help to source and arrange training for new and existing staff.
- Providing access to any grants available for recruitment and/or upskilling of staff.
- Brokering links with schools, colleges and other employability support organisations.
- Considering alternatives to redundancies to reduce costs without laying off valued staff or providing advice and support if you do have to make staff redundant.
What our customers say
Clackmannanshire Works ask their customers on a regular basis what they think of the services. Visit our Customer Satisfaction page to see the latest results.
To find out what services we've been delivering and read about how we've helped local people, please read our latest update.
Clackmannanshire Works is part of Clackmannanshire Council's Economic Development Team and is supported by European Structural Funds.
Related Publications & Documents
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 226699/450000