Designed by James Gillespie Graham, this fine building probably replaced the first stone church built on the site in 1249. In perpendicular Georgian Gothic, with a buttressed tower against the west gable, there have been a number of alterations, but the interior retains many of its original features, including the pews and gallery.
A plaque by Sir Robert Lorimer commemorates the Master of Burleigh, killed at Le Chateau in 1914. There is some interesting mid-20th century stained glass. There are many good quality carved gravestones of the late 17th to 19th centuries in the well-kept kirkyard.