Skip to main content | Skip to section menu | Access keys.

Clackmannanshire Council Online

Application for National Entitlement Card for Young Scot

Application for National Entitlement Card for Young Scot

You can pick up an application form for your Young Scot National Entitlement Card at Kilncraigs or ask for an application to be posted to your home address. After completing your application you must bring it along in person, with proof of date of birth and proof of address (see below) and a recent colour passport photo to Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa to allow a member of staff to check your details. The form will then be sent to a national processing centre, which will send the card directly to your home address.

Proof of Age

One of the following:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Current Passport
  • Photo Driving Licence
  • Adoption Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Young Scot or other PASS hologrammed card
  • Medical Card
  • Residence Permit issued by Home Office to EU National
  • HM Forces ID Card
  • Home Office Letter IS KOS EX or KOS EX2
  • GV3 Form

Proof of Address

One of the following

  • Bank or Building Society Statement
  • Photo Driving Licence and Paper Counterfoil
  • Court Order
  • Local council rent card/tenancy agreement
  • Council Tax bill
  • Recent original mortgage statement
  • Recent utility bill
  • Benefit book/card/or Original Notification
  • Confirmation from an Electoral Search
  • Evidence from School/College/University
  • Official letter from the Department of Work and Pensions Benefit Agency
  • Immigration and Nationality Directorate Identity Papers


We also need a passport size colour photograph. The colour passport photograph which you should attach to the form, must be recent (taken within the last year), of you on your own, showing a close-up of your head and shoulders so that your face covers approximately 65% to 75% of the photograph and your features should be clearly distinguished against the background. The photograph should be in sharp focus and clear and printed on plain photo quality paper.

Photographic ID

If you do not have any photographic ID (ie passport, photographic driving licence, or PASS hologrammed card) you will need to supply a referee to verify your photograph. Please ask someone who knows you, who is not a relative or part of your family and is in a full-time professional job (like a teacher, doctor, nurse, community worker, social worker or religious leader) to complete Part 5 of your application form. There is full instruction for the referee on the application form which they must sign.

Frequently Asked Questions

A list of the frequently asked questions about the Young Scot National Entitlement Card is available.

Further Information

If you require further information, please telephone 01259 450000 or contact us using the details below.

For Further Information Contact

Public Transport
Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
Tel: 01259 450000